10 minute break - go!

Stretch! Yup, I've got my arms up in the air again, and am getting funny looks from my coworkers. But I have a plan - I like to get tiny little bursts of exercise during my work day. It feels good, and makes going back to my computer a little easier.

Turns out, movement breaks of just 10 minutes can make a difference to employee health and productivity.

Check out this piece from NPR: "Expert: 10-Minute Workouts Can Have Big Payoff"

According to Dr. Toni Yancey of UCLA, a couple of short exercise breaks offer real health benefits, and working out in groups (with people like your co-workers) is motivating. It can increase productivity too. Fifteen years ago, employees at L.L. Bean's manufacturing facility began taking three, five-minute breaks a day to engage in a little group exercise. Management found that for those fifteen minutes per day, the company found 30-minutes return on productivity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC