Deciding When to Fight for a Small Business

From the New York Times:

I remember learning in business school that business is supposed to be rational and efficient. Markets sort themselves out, supply and demand curves eventually intersect, and spreadsheets and algorithms lead to smart decision making.

In my life as a loan broker, however, it often seems as if the opposite is true. Every day, as I work with small-business owners, I make decisions that are at least partially emotional. And this is particularly tough, because I know that sometimes small-business owners may take my guidance as the last word on whether they can expect to obtain capital, which may affect their dreams and livelihoods, as well as other people’s jobs.

So somewhere I have to find a balance between rational decision making and my own moral compass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC